Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hot

It's hot.

Not just warm, but, hot. We live under two fans, wishing the air con was serviced to allow us to turn it on... but, it's not, so, we sweat.

Any trips outside are made in the early am or late afternoon, when you can walk under the shade or seek a breeze. Fortunately, we're not too far from the river, so, cool air slinks down the street on occasion.

Because we aren't in Brooklyn or the Bronx, we can't sit on the stoop and try and grab some of that air.. it's simply not done on the Upper East Side. Instead, you go pay for overpriced food and sit in outside cafes. Well, some people do... we don't.

The blog issue is still being looked into... I'm peeved over this and issues with my usual summer stock job.

Another hour, and I'll venture out of the dark cave we call a flat, and seek some cool air down by the river... watching the UES folk walk their dogs and each other.

And pray for rain.

3 comments:

  1. Not that I'm paranoid but whenever it's hot and walk into a room with an overhead fan I assume that I morph into Sidney Greenstreet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. paul, i DID morph into sidney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cormac is a good friend.
    I think I have your new link corrected and followed. Googlefucked should be in the urban dictionary now.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete